Something New: My First Photoshoot with Lavender's Jungle



SOMETHING NEW
 
My First Photoshoot with Lavender's Jungle
 Mermaid's Paint Collection


Maria Santiago
Lavender's Jungle, Mermaid's Paint Collection. Model Maria Santiago,  Hair by La Krisha Lavenders Jungle, Makeup by Bertina Bailey MUA, Photo by Tyree Spencer with TS Studio, Photo Retoucher by Eve Harlowe


So much has happened to for Divinite' Jewellry for 2013! Some bad ( I will tell you about that in another blog later) but always most, very GREAT! I had been in such a lull for some time and just could not get the energy back to do new work. Being a bit of a procrastinator, OK, a big procrastinator, I started work on a few pieces but didn't really hit the ground running until the week before as it seems that some of my best work comes out when its needed for something, under pressing conditions. This "pressing" something would be my biggest project to start the year off, my very first fashion show!
 
Back in January, I was approached by La Krisha Joseph-Baker, owner and designer for the classically designed full-figured clothing line Lavender's Jungle (www.lavendersungle.com), to design a jewelry line to compliment her new collection, Mermaid's Paint. The Mermaid's Paint collection was scheduled for debut at the 2013 Beach Bling Swimwear Spring & Summer Fashion Show on Saturday, March 23. I happily accepted this warm and major opportunity! I'd never done a fashion show other than the little high school fashion show I participated in as a model and a paid internship for an Atlanta based urban cosmetic/fashion company. Well, thanks to La Krisha, I was shown a couple of things, wonderful things indeed..........



 February 16th, The Shoot
Kim Johnsonj
Lavender's Jungle Mermaid's Paint Collection, Model Kim Johnson, Hair by La Krisha Lavenders Jungle, Jewelry by Divinite' Jewellry, Makeup by Bertina Bailey MUA, Photo by Tyree Spencer with TS Studios, Photo Retoucher by Eve Harlow


On Valentine's Day, after receiving some lovely and stylish brown zebra striped Dolce Vita flats and platform black patent pumps from my beautiful hubby, I also received another gift for an invitation to provide jewelry for a Lavender's Jungle photoshoot that Saturday morning. It was short notice for me as I am thinking, what could I possibly provide for her shoot? I have nothing new and my inventory was low. I only had just a few new pieces for her upcoming show but I definitely did not want to miss this opportunity. I accepted the opportunity and went with a prayer. The shoot was set for 8 but I got there at 8:30 due to Atlanta construction on 285, of course. Once I got there, the energy was alive and well and creative juices began to flow. God presented me with all that was needed for the shoot, no more worries. I learned a few things that day. First thing I learned, fashion designers have to be multi-taskers in a pinch. La Krisha provided all the hairstyles for her girls, haaauuuuutttteeee, Bertina Bailey beat the girls faces to the heavens, the clothing, awesome, the jewelry..........such the icing for this cake!!!! I also learned that if I am going to work with these women, I better learn to keep on a pair of 5 inches or higher heels as these women surely made me look like a toddler. They were statuesque, shapely and very attractive ladies that could carry this line well. I was so worried that what I had would not work but to my surprise, I learned that my necklaces could be used as bracelets and that everything does not have to be so matchy matchy. Just put it together and it will WERK!!!!!!! I also learned that true  models knows no pinch that cannot be worked out. There were so many tricks to be used to create some of the effects made for the photos. The girls all in all, executed this photo shoot with such precision and it was my pleasure to have worked with them. The photos above are Maria Santiago and Kim Johnson. To see the full line and more of my jewelry from this shoot, please visit www.LavendersJungle.com. All photos were taken by the wonderful and humble Tyree Spencer of TS Studios in Dunwoody, Ga.
 
After the shoot was completed, I realized that when opportunity presents itself, you should want to be ready for it as it is not worried if you have it together but rather are you willing to take the challenge. If you are up for the challenge, you will make the task work as if there's no other opportunities to come your way. As of today, I have completed over 20 plus items for her collection and I am glad to say that Porchia's got her crimp and wire groove back. Ahhhhh, it's been so long but, I am back and ready to slay!!!!!! There will be more shoots to come and I am looking forward to the opportunities that are set to come. Ready or not, I will certainly take it on and learn the lessons that was meant for me to absorb. I am grateful for yet, another milestone made with Divinite' Jewellry and me!!
 
Thank you, God and thee vessel you sent for this opportunity, La Krisha.
 
Happy Easter to all!!!!!

 
THE TEAM. Can we get a soul clap????






Comments