The Debut Collection


 

The Debut Of A Premier Collection

PARADISE ISLAND

Spring/Summer Collection
By Divinite' Jewellry

All photos credits courtesy of
 Debora Cartagena, Deboracphotos.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deborac-Photos/275434399167134?ref=hl

Photo Courtesy of Debora Cartagena, Deboracphotos.com
The Goa Island Necklace. Photo credit: Debora Cartagena of Deborac Photos. Deboracphotos.com


This year has been a year, once again, of many first for me and my design baby, Divinite' Jewellry. Together, we are experiencing many new adventures and different avenues for the things we are doing. Since I've had the opportunity of working with LaKrisha of Lavender's Jungle clothing line, this project actually launched me into creating a cohesive collection for her clothing line. Since 2009, I had always made jewelry just to make jewelry for the sheer joy, no intended purpose for the accrued pieces I had other than the meaning behind the jewelry piece I made. As usual, I placed thought and passion into all my items as they are a true extension of me. However, for this collection, I took that a step further with the intended purpose being that of a visually wearable vacation thru jewelry. Enters the Paradise Island collection, a 25 piece collection featuring the colors of the sea and land along with elements of the city dwellers who flock to getaway from the drama of city life.. Allow me to tell you a little more about this wonderful collection. I hope you love it just as much as I do!!


Photo Courtesy of Deborac Photos. Debora Cartagena
The Hanalei Bay Beach necklace. Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com
 I knew that I needed to create a vibrant collection to match the overall hue and theme of Lavender's Jungle Mermaid's Paint collection. I wasn't sure where to start and honestly, the designs didn't truly come until I saw the rest of the line two weeks before. I decided that I and the color wheel needed to have a meeting of the minds to get this project off the ground. I wanted to play with colors and in a very visually soothing and appeasing way. Next, I needed a name for the collection to create the overall theme. I Googled the worlds most beautiful beaches for inspiration. The rest, as you will see, is the underlining inspiration

The Hanalei Bay necklace, off the shores of Kauai island in Hawaii, allowed me to use the colors that resembles the coral reef. Purple and greens aren't always colors that people would normally pair together. With this piece, I found that the contrast of the soft seafoam green looked amazing against the purple agate slabs, nestling just inside the grooves between each agate slab. The organic shape of the beads just created an Au natural flair to this piece. The ribbon added the fun of Spring to this piece and the colors, it seemed that this ribbon was meant just for this piece to come to life. I had this ribbon for quite some time and was intended for summer crochet dress I was working on some years back.
 Needless to say, I will reserve the ribbon for this project as I will need to make another. The crochet dress can wait.
 

Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com
The Ibiza Island necklace. Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com

Ibiza is an island located in the Mediterranean Sea. The name, to me, aptly fits this necklace. When I think of Ibiza, I think of exotic white sands, contrasting colors with a hint of serenity. Although I typically do all beaded pieces, I decided to do a piece that had a metal element in it for a more urban contemporary look and gave the piece class with iridescent ceramic beads for high color and shine. Maria, the model below, showcases the sophistication of this piece and the modern appeal. This necklace was this first I created for this collection.


Photo by Tyree Spencer, TSstudios.com
Model wearing The Ibiza Beach necklace. Photo credit: Tyree Spencer, TSphotodesignscom
  

Tyree Spencer, TSstudio.com
Model wearing The Goa necklace and red agate earrings. Photo credit: Tyree Spencer, TSphotodesigns.com

The Goa necklace, Goa, India's smallest state, spoke for itself with the color and the unique striations in each faceted drusy agate slice bead. The very true shades of green that ranges from emerald to hunter to light was striking at first sight. The shape of the beads which are like an organic circles seems to echo the culture of this small state in perfect imperfection. This piece is very light and to touch the beads is heavenly. I consider this necklace to be a statement necklace even though it isn't a huge production of beads, leather, glass and toppled components. Sometimes, the most simplest of things can make the biggest and best impact. For the lovers of green, this necklace makes the case.


Photo credit: Deborac Photos, deboracphotos.com
The Venice Beach necklace. Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com

Our next heavy hitter piece of this collection is the Venice necklace. Named after Venice Beach, a beachfront neighborhood in the Westside of the city of Los Angeles, California, I was in the mind frame of the actual city of Venice, Italy but, Venice Beach will do just fine. To keep the romance of the antiquated bib style pendant of this necklace, I placed pearls with this piece to kind of add in the theme of serenity and clarity of Venice beach. This necklace is a part of the Paradise Island collection but could EASILY play into the bridal line for Divinite' Jewellry, which.....I will discuss way later, :-). If you think about it, you can see the potential this piece has as a wedding necklace. The bride that could pull this off deserves a gift from me, hands down as I want to see it! Major kudos to Debora for acing this photo to the GAWDS!!!!!! It's lovely and really conveys the romantic beauty of this piece. Romance was the theme behind this necklace and after all, isn't Venice the city of love and romance? I think so, even if I haven't been there, YET, lolol!! That's on my bucket list!


Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com
The Almafi Beach necklace. Photo credit: Deborac Photos, deboracphotos.com.

Now this necklace right here, to me, is the true star of this collection. Allow me to introduce you to the Almafi necklace. Yes, the Almafi Coast in Italy that many stars travel to just to get away from the the pangs of money and fame (I'll take the money, never the fame). This is one of the places that I dream of vacationing in on my bucket list. The place is absolutely beautiful and seems like an atmosphere where one can live their life full measure without thinking of time, TVs, cell phones and all of our other daily distractions. It's beautiful and so is this necklace. The picture below is what I used when creating this necklace. I could have gone all out with different textures and all sorts of seed beading and stitching to convey my thoughts however, as I said earlier, the best statements are simple statements and the certainly applies to jewelry. I had these jasper beads for quite some time and the solid copper pendant you see in this picture. These two never spoke a word to me until I was under pressure to create a statement piece and saw this picture. The marriage between the two conveys the Divine awesomeness of the azure blue ocean you see here in this picture and the understated terrain of the land. The copper provides a visually appeasing contrast between the monochromatic blues and greens of the dyed jasper stones. I knew upon sketching this out on the table that this piece would speak volumes.




The Paradise Island collection is set to release on Monday, April 29th, 2013. You may view the new collection at www.DiviniteJewellry.com. I will have all the items of this collection posted there and on my facebook page, www.Facebook.com/DiviniteJewellbyPorchia. I will leave you today with two more sneak peeks into my collection, The Bahia Solano necklace (violet necklace) and The Seychelles necklace (black agate spikes). Please enjoy and leave your thoughts about the collection.


Enjoy this lovely Spring weather we are having! I sure am!!



Also, coming soon:

 THE OFFICIAL DIVINITE' JEWEWLLRY, CULTURAL ADORNMENT BY PORCHIA WEBSITE COMING SOON!!!!!! SO STAY TUNED!!

Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com
The Bahia Solano Beach necklace. Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com
  
Photo credit: Debora Cartagena of Deboracphotos.com
The Seychelles Beach necklace. Photo credit: Debora Cartagena, deboracphotos.com


Comments