The Fashion Show: Beach Bling Swimwear 2013 Spring & Summer Fashion Show

My First Fashion Show: Beach Bling Swimwear Spring & Summer Fashion Show 2013
Featuring Lavender' Jungle



 This blog took some time coming since I am still processing the events and the photos for my new line, Paradise Island by Divinite' Jewellry. I have been busy since the show now that I have my stride back in making new items, revamping old ones and getting old repairs out of the way. From the previous blog, I talked about working with the very vibrant and gifted LaKrisha Joseph-Baker, owner and designer of Lavender's Jungle. The photoshoot we did back in February was for the fashion show held on Saturday, March 23rd. I just wanted to take a moment to share some of the photos and highlights from this inspiring show, geared towards women like myself, full figured and fabulous.
 
 
Trying Something New
The Multi & Chunky Necklace
Cayo Largo
As I talked about in my January blog for some of my design goals, I wanted to try my hand at a multi-strand necklace. Now, I've done a few multi-strand necklaces before however, I found them to be quite tricky as you really have to be patient with gathering the strands correctly so that the piece will lay just right and not too tightly twisted so as to leave enough tension for movement of the beads. I dedicated myself once more at this attempt but I used a different approach. The Cayo Largo necklace, a necklace from my new Paradise Island collection, is a very fun and vibrant piece that reflects the underground beauty of the ocean floor by the coral reef. I swear, I DID NOT create this necklace for the outfit you see in this picture. I created this necklace for LaKrisha's line without ever seeing this lovely Koi fish tube top with genie pants but it turns out, Divine design was the driving force and allowed me to make this necklace and it matched PERFECTLY!!!! I was only doing something different as became bored with the one dimensional design simple necklace stringing. This piece brought the texture I desired, the chunk I needed to see and the colors I needed feel!! This necklace truly puts me in the mind of an aquarium well decorated.
 A very bold piece indeed, see picture below:
Divinite' Jewellry by Porchia
The Cayo Largo Necklace by Divinite' Jewellry by Porchia. Photo courtesy of Deborac Photos
 Monochromatic Colors 


Divinite' Jewellry by Porchia
Jennifer of Lavender's Jungle wearing The Almafi necklace by Divinite' Jewellry
Working with LaKrisha's line really allowed me to try some new things. A color wheel lent me the inspiration for this piece. I don't remember ever doing a piece in monochromatic colors. I had the pendant you see here for quite some time and didn't know what I could do with this piece. I just knew that the pendant was bold as I needed it to be the beads I used to accent it just sat in my collection for over  year with other colors mixed in. The pressure was to create something that would work with her line even though, I had no concept of what outfit would go with this piece. Once I laid out the pendant and beads......The Divine Designer himself spoke. The Almafi necklace came to life and met this lovely dress with the ever beautiful model that wore it. God showed me what He could do once this piece came to life. I loved it the minute is was complete. The photo that Debora Cartagena did for this piece took my breath away:
Divinite' Jewellry by Porchia
The Almafi Necklace by Divinite' Jewellry. Photo courtesy of Deborac Photos.
The Icing On The Cake
The Daughter of Lisa Raye
Kai Morae
LaKrisha Joseph-Baker, designer of Lavender's Jungle and Kai Morae, daughter of Lisa Raye, wearing Lavender's Jungle
I was not aware of this until after the show. I wasn't really able to catch the entire show since I remained mostly in the vendor area watching my table. My very supportive but busy bodied husband was able to sit in for me as I stepped away to watch LaKrisha's show. I wasn't able to fully see the models as I sat towards the back of the room. I wasn't aware that LaKrisha had snagged this lovely and beautiful young lady as part of her show. Kai Morae graced the stage with all the stunning ladies to showcase our work in a way that couldn't be imagine. I was shocked to learn she wore my cute little gold mesh bow-tie earrings, Elba from my Paradise Island collection. Her whole outfit along with two other pieces are a must have for me, along with her shoes!!!!! Completely AWESOME!!!! I am always grateful and thankful. God is ALWAYS throwing me a blessing that I just cannot fully digest in all his greatness. It's quite overwhelming.
Here are some other pictures from the show. The ladies WERKED IT!! I will be blogging next about the collection these ladies wore that night. The photos are in process as we speak, :-) Thank you, Debora!!!










Comments