A Wonderful Year, 2014

The Wonderful Year: 2014




Oh my GOD, what a year 2014 was! From Snowmageddon to learning about my pregnancy and giving birth to the most wonderful child I've ever seen, 2014 is one for the books and will be a story I will relive in my mind, each an every day!


Christmas Eve with Family & Two New Babies: Maddie & Gabe

It's been quite a while since I've last blogged, a little over a year now. Thank you so much for your patience! I had to take quite a hiatus from Divinite' Jewellry to focus on what life was preparing to give me. As you know, life as a new mom, a first time mom, can be quite a challenge. As I attempt to type this blog, my little king is stirring which is letting me know that baba time is coming up soon (feeding time). 
So,  I will have to make this blog kind of quick tonight.


List of things that happened in 2014

  • Two Time Snowmageddon-STUCK FOR 12 HOURS!
  • Lavender's Jungle Photoshoot
  • Positive Preggo Test on April Fool's Day
  • Trunk Show at Arts Clayton Gallery
  • Constant Morning Sickness
  • Big Move
  • Big sale of custom made piece for Yolanda Adams!
  • September: Birth of my niece
  • Two weeks after move, hospitalized for a month!
  • Urgent rush to finish preps for arrival
  • October: Birth of our King, Gabriel
  • Lost a total of 40 lbs during and after pregnancy! I was that sick!
  • Home arrival after NICU stay
  • The Sip & See
  • Family's first holiday season
  • Closed out the New Year with Baby Gabe sleeping on Mommy's chest, :-).



I was set to begin the year anew with a whole new jewelry collection, shows and more. After doing a wonderful photo shoot on March 28th, 2014...I a few days later, I learned that I was expecting on April Fool's Day. Now, not only is this date significant because of the label of this day but, as most of my followers know, I've suffered with the emotional distress of infertility issues for quite some time. April Fool's day was the day that I was to start treatment towards the dream of having a child of our own! Well, my humorous but amorous and merciful God showed Himself that day and presented me with the surprise of my life.....A POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST!!!!!!! This little stick set forth for what would become a trying but memorable journey.

It seemed from the moment I learned that I was expecting, I was deftly sick. Water wasn't even my friend! At every corner, something always seemed to threaten my pregnancy. I kept the faith and held on to the truth that God promised me this wonderful child and that I could carry this sweet little baby. I developed severe hyperemisis gravidirum that later pushed forth my severe preeclampsia which landed me in the hospital! Quite afraid for my unborn child's health and for my own health, I was not really looking forward to being in the hospital but I knew, this is exactly what we needed. Let me tell you, THE WOMEN OF EMORY UNIVERSITY MIDTOWN HOSPITAL  APU WERE BEYOND AMAZING!! It was from this admit that I would meet some life long friends that saved my son's life and mine.  I had my wonderful son, Gabriel P. Arnold, G.P.A., yes, 6 weeks earlier than his original due date. This child just wanted to come earlier! He is as healthy as can be and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! He only stayed in NICU 2 weeks because they had to make sure his suck and swallow were down cold. When we brought him home, he came completely to life, right in time for the holidays and was the star of his sip & see!!!
 
Since I wasn't prepared for the early arrival, our home was and still is in unpacking mode as a precious newborn requires all of your time and attention. I realize the importance of sleeping when baby sleeps and that everything else CAN and WILL wait! Now, I am starting to get a good handle on a set schedule and finding time to return to Divinite' Jewellry! I am excited about the new pieces that I am working on currently. Divinite' Jewellry has such a renewed purpose for our lives and I pray that you will see this change in our new upcoming collections! Baby Gabe will help Mommy pick out some of the combinations but we must be very careful. Beads tend to look like such bright and tasty candy!!
 
Now, I can only wonder what 2015 has instore for our lives. Whatever it is, we are ready to take it by the horns and dance with the tides.
 
To end this blog, I just wanted to give thanks to the most amazing and graceful presnce to ever exist
 
GOD.

I am grateful to God for this beautiful human being.
 I love him dearly more than all the universes that ever existed.
 He's my sustenance.

Welcome our newest jewel to the
 Divinite' Jewellry Family

Gabriel


Here's Some More Photos Just For Fun

Left Photo: Gabe & Mommy at his Sip & See. Top Right: My friend Myca!


G.A., All Day, Baby!!!!! 


My Dream Come True



Our First Christmas Together, Mommy & Gabe by the Christmas Tree.

Comments

  1. You look amazing! Your little angel looks just like his mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will review your comment within 24-48 hours of receiept. Please check back to view your posted comment. Until then, enjoy the blog and I look forward to interacting with you very soon!

Sincerely,
Porchia
www.DiviniteJewellry.com
www.Facebook.com.DiviniteJewellrybyPorchia
www.Twitter.com/DiviniteJewell
www.LinkedIn.com/In/DiviniteJewellry
www.Pinterest.com/DiviniteJewellry