Jewelry Show Preparations: The Set Up & Ideas

Jewelry Show Preparations: The Set Up



I've been working for the past several days on a concept for the overall look for my jewelry show. I have a vision in mind but I'm not sure how I can pull this off and under budget. Of course, I said the theme will be multicultural and I am trying to stick to that. I am not a fan of the cluttered look which I've experienced at my first two holiday shows at the Arts Clayton Gallery. We live and we learn and I have learned. I've taken to good old trusty Google to find some inspirations to aid in guiding me. Lo and behold, I have found some wonderful inspirations to pull off my multicultural themed jewelry show. Take a look. The designs are awesome! As always, your feedback is most welcomed! :-)

Canvas Draped Frames


I've set up a budget for myself of $150.00 to put on this show. This budget SHOULD only include the displays, table rentals and linens. I say SHOULD in all caps because, unless I can become very creative in how I decide to display my jewelry, it's beginning to look like I will go over budget and I am quite certain that this will happen. It's my first independent show and I really want it to be nice but within reasonable means. Besides, I know that I will need the items in the near future so, I might as well try to get them while I can and remove that expense all together. I've already purchased some very beautiful carved wooden necklace busts which will be used quite frequently. The busts really enhances the look of my jewelry and is consistent with the branding of my work.  They are totally different from the usual black velvet flocked standard busts that you see at most jewelry shows, which just simply bores me but I have used. I used those busts at my last show but, the objective is to use them but have some highlighting elements along with them. Searching on the web one day a few months ago, I came across the website www.nesserygoods.com. They offer some stunning stands in a variety of colors that will truly set your jewelry on sale fire. I am also into the vintage look of using screen prints or wooden frames to hand earrings from. They add so much character to you jewelry setup that I think the stands alone will garner attention.

There will be 3 tables setups to showcase fall, winter/holiday and summer sale collections. The busts pictured above are stunning for a holiday display of the earthy kind. As most jewelry artist are aware  starting out, displays can run a pretty penny if you must purchase multiple stands and are not purchasing the standard. I am currently thinking outside of the box by considering using vases, glasses and unusual items such as a spray-painted cheese grater to display jewelry. Anything that's cost effective but unique and beautiful all the same is fine with me.



In getting ideas from reading online, I have learned that a cheap way to create various levels for your jewelry display is to use simple cardboard boxes that you  may spray paint. At this point, it HAS to work. I have many boxes that I typically save for packing Christmas gifts but, I think I will try them out at the show and save a dollar or two o more, :-).

Accentuating colors to bring my jewelry to life is a must. Lighting is number one but also creating an inviting setup filled with color and life is a close second. I may have completed the schematics for my first table which is dedicated to fall.

Table Setups


With this jewelry show being held at a nice restaurant, I also need to consider on light decorations for the tables that my guests will dine at. Since it will be out on a covered patio in late summer, with a nice view of the Hartsfield-Jackson airport, the highway and many other sceneries, I am leaning towards intimate illuminations by candles and sitting atop colorful chargers. The above pictures gives me an idea also that is just stunning. However, with this show, I will need to pack as light as I can so that I can setup quickly and breakdown, easily. Needless to say, this is an idea I will have to put on the back burner.



I feel like there are so many ideas, minimum funds and little time to get everything done. I will be meeting with a wonderful image consultant on Monday of Mon Image Consulting by Misty Image. I am looking into having not only dinner with my guest, jewelry, purses and a mini show that I myself will be happy to see.

This picture below is a clean and clear ideal set up of a jewelry display. In all the reading that I've been doing as of late, it's best to create levels that will meet eye to eye of all your customers. I definitely am beginning to see this design come together. Nothing is more pleasing to the eyes and soul than to see your vision come to life right before your eyes. These online ideas are giving me life right now and I am seeing the vision, finally....

This show will be alright afterall, ;-).







Comments