2013, The New Year: The Emergence From Lurk Mode

 

The Emergence From Lurk Mode

Return of Divinite' Jewellry's Inspiration
 
Exclusive by Divinite' Jewellry, The Divinite' Leon Line.
 
 
This is truly unbelievable. We are now in 2013!!! Happy New Year! We survived the highly promoted Mayan calendar prediction for December 21st and I still have my beads, YEAH!!!!!! The year truly went by without so much as a goodbye, well maybe a quick tweet but it left fast nevertheless.
 
After my jewelry show back in August of last year, I went into COMPLETE AND TOTAL lurk mode. I hit a HIGH lull where inspiration just deserted me and left me without not one notice as to when it would return, :-(. Needless to say, I am a true artist as my designs always comes before the monetary satisfaction. What can I say to that? I love what I do and would do it for free (hobbies, anyone?). The holidays came by to visit and I attempted to do some work. Taking time to enjoy the holidays, getting hitched and preparing for a move at the beginning of the year presented some new additions. Trying to find my beloved Divinite' Jewellry became a conquest. As the new year presents itself once more, its time to go in a meaningful search for inspiration. Inspiration, I MUST find you. We have much work to do.

A rosary locket necklace by Divinite' Jewellry, The Divinite' Leon Line


 The conquest to find my beloved inspiration begins. There's a real challenge in finding ways to keep your designs fresh, unexpected but still totally true to you. Bold is big is my thing but it's time to begin looking at textures and dimensions to my work. In order to find inspirations, forcing yourself to look at something that you feel may not be you fully gives you perspective. A different perspective for the new year, hmmm, that's not so bad of a goal for inspiration and for the whole year.
Finding different perspectives on style of jewelry for Divinite' Jewellry.....I think this will pull me completely out of lurk mode. Let's see what designs is speaking to the heart of Divinite' and follow us to see if you can locate the new inspiration, :-).

The perspectives will be as follows: (images after this point are courtesy of Google).


Perspective One

Bold and Interesting Colors, Textures & Multistrands
 
 

 
I am so loving the interesting textures I am finding in these multistrand necklaces. The versatility of these pieces can go from casual to dressy in a snap. I've made just a few but haven't revealed y pieces. When I say that you can throw on a clean pair of jeans, a fitted t-shirt and some gorgeous shoes....throwing on a multistrand necklace will impart instant, "I am fancy, I got money, I know style and I am Rihanna"!!!!!! Multistrand necklaces with colors added creates a visually appeasing harmony that sings to the outfit and souls of every wearer.
Are we experimenting with this, OH YES!!!!


Perspective Two

More Textures, Spotlight Color(s), Asymmetrical Design and Bold Conversational Pendants
In one piece




 This design can be kind of hard to pull off if you aren't careful about the coordination of the piece. This, I feel, requires some thought about the design which, may take some time to come up with. However, for those of you that have the design element down, have at it and know that you are simply amazing!!!! This design isn't too far from what I currently design but this is a different take on my designs, working in other elements that adds to the complete theme of the piece. I have many bold pendants that I cannot wait to begin working with.

Perspective Three

Working with Seed Beads

 

Now, this is something that I have truly avoided because simply, its so very time consuming and God forbid all my beads slide off......I go straight into beaders' angst!!!!! I've had the sheer pleasure of meeting many women, one I particular from Zimbabwe that had a stunning multistrand necklace mainly constructed from seed beads. The necklace looked as if it weight would have been a component of the piece but there was none. It was surprisingly light weight and the textures screamed of  an Ethnic Queen!!!! Stunning, I tell you. Now, I realize this attempt will be far in between but I will not back down from it. I love the potential of what I may come up with. Simply beautiful!!!


So, these three perspectives are enough to get my year started. I will still work with my traditional design ideas but it's time to spice it up a bit. Since I have been off my game and my mind is scattered, I need to find my road, jump in my Porsche and get to driving (I will own a Porsche one day). Next thing on my agenda, GOALS. Its time and a new show in the works!!

I challenge you to add new perspective to your work. You can do it and so can I!!!
Let's do it together!!!!






Comments