Getting Started Again: Goals for 2013

Getting Started For  2013 

Porchia Coleman-Arnold
The Land of Ice & Honey Necklace by Divinite' Jewellry
After what seemed like a whole year away from my jewelry, it's time to take the gear shift from park into drive and speed off. The beautiful thing about being in America is that you can change your destiny the very moment you decide to do so. You can become a business owner today by simply saying, "I'm in business", and have your own little cottage business to boot. Once this decision has been made, we need to analyze how we are going to get there. It's a new year and I have decided that after a successful year, I want to keep at this and solidify my business. This new year calls for more goals but a different route. I will take some time to further review my year for more in depth goals in a later blog session, however, I will go into the surface goals that are very important for my development and growth. Our new year is quickly under way and before you know it, spring will be here.


Allow me to begin with saying that before we make our goals/resolutions, be easy with yourself and make goals that are realistic so that they may become a part of lifestyle and not something that you will dread. I know that doing something each day that pertains to my craft will add to the large picture of what I am trying to achieve and before you know it, you will have done 180 things to make your life that much better by the year's halfway mark, June 29th. This is advice I must take in and digest fully. Time management still reigns heavily in my world and thanks to a new opportunity to reorganize, I see the light of opportunity coming my way.  To start my New Year's goals and resolutions, I am going to discuss 7 projects that my design baby, Divinite' Jewellry, and myself will begin work on. Here we go, :-)
 
Visualizing The Goals: Writing Them Down!!!



Porchia Coleman-Arnold
The Sivanta Necklace by Divinite' Jewellry

 Many people say that writing your goals down will help to guide you making them happen. You know, I think they are absolutely right. So real quick, here are my lucky 10 goals:
 
  1. Three themed jewelry shows (Spring, Summer/Fall and Holiday)
  2. Participate in at least one craft festival
  3. Become a RAWartists.org member and exhibit at a show
  4. Launch Divinite' Jewellry's official website
  5. More professional photography-for print work submissions, social networking and more
  6. Create and submit  packets/literature for boutiques and galleries. We're getting into one!!
  7. Discover and market the Divinite' Jewellry brand.
  8. Begin email and blog listserve
  9. Upload a YouTube video showcasing works, shows and instructional info
  10. Tweak shop to garner regular monthly sales of at least 5 or more month
  11. One Bonus Goal: Start  a newsletter!!!!
  
The Anaqua Vintage Brass Earrings
  
 
 
 
 
  
The prospect of planning a follow-up jewelry show to my premier jewelry show is actually, might I say, more exciting than the previous feeling of nervousness and angst that I felt before. This time, I know a little something and I have the potential to make something so much better. The aim for my first show will either be April or May, an excellent way to kick off the new Spring season.
 
The budding of new energy is coming into play.
The Natura Bracelet

The fruit of this season should be very interesting..... stayed tuned and we shall see.
 
Until then, smooches and be accessorized to the hilt!!!!!!!


The Abundant Harvest Necklace Set


The Love & Fireworks Earrings


The Eastern Sun Sky Neckace
 



Comments