The Lotus Collection 2016


Lotus Collection 2016


From Top to Bottom: "Nyong & Sanaga" Statement Necklaces. Lotus Collection 2016

The Lotus Flower Definition & Meaning:

The lotus flower symbolizes rising from a dark place into beauty and rebirth, as this is exactly how a lotus flower grows. Lotus flowers grow directly out of muddy and murky waters and produce beautiful white and pink blossoms. The Buddhist Lotus represents: Patience & Peace.

-Reference.com
-Flowermeaning.com


I'm so happy to release a new line of work after a year and a half of being away due to my new life of motherhood!

The name of this new collection is simply called, Lotus. As history has it ,  the nature of this beautiful flower is a mysterious one. This flower goes under water during the night to surface in the dusk of morning light! That's really how I feel; that's how it is except, I was only submerged in the utter happiness & joy of my new life. I've come to the surface now, with a renewed purpose, with meaningful changes and....as a new woman.

"Mosaic Wings" Necklace
This collection is dedicated to our family jewels, Gabriel and Maceo. These two little gems of ours have breathed new life into all of my thought processes and designs. There's a certain peacefulness that's in our world that wasn't there before. Positive life changes ensued, motivating energy and the result of said energy have all assisted in bringing this line to life. In this line, I wanted to work with more color, bold elements while making my pieces lighter and add elements of "peacefulness" in this collection.. Since I'm a mom now with two precious little ones under 2, I must have pieces that are lighter and stronger with modern style. 


"Content" Stacking Bracelet Set
I designed this bracelet with the thought of being content in all that we have. We have way more than what we want and so much more than what we've ever needed. Learn to be content in the things that life has blessed you with and know that more is to come. Continue being good and the universe shall reward you, beautifully.
Divinite' Jewellry
From L to R: Nyong & Sanaga Necklaces
The first in this lineup are two necklaces that I named after two sister rivers in Cameroon, Africa (South Province, Cameroon). I am always searching for interestingly beautiful, meaningful and cultural names wherever, whenever I'm blessed to see the sun. When I created these two, the first thing I thought of was sister and the second is the parallel flow of both necklaces in regards to their style: The Sanaga River (representative of the lower reaches of the Sanaga River, thus this necklace being longer), Although I've made these two sister necklaces separately, they are a perfect match for each other and certainly showcases it's affinity for one another. I've decided that will keep these two necklaces as a varied staple in my line. No two will be the same although, they will have some similarities. These necklaces symbolize sisterhood.

Divinite' Jewellry
"Tigris" Statement Necklace
"Zen" Necklace
Everyone that knows my work knows that I love a thick and chunky piece of jewelry, However, life changes and so does your style. I still love all things chunky but I also love all things simplistic and beautiful. The "Zen" necklace is such and I wanted something that symbolizes peacefulness but also, just a easy piece to put on that's stylish and chic but pulls your look together. It's an amazing piece for both men and women and is very much a conversation piece. This gorgeous pendant is a solid brass Buddha pendant. The Buddha symbol, representative of peace, patience, humility, mind over matter and more also pays homage to the lotus in their "sitting position" stance where their legs are "intertwined". This necklace is definitely one of my easy going, go-to pieces that I don't have to think about.

Divinite' Jewellry
From L to R: Necklace, Nyong, Wisdom & Sanaga Statement Necklaces


"Fleur" Vintage Inspired Brass Necklace

Divinite' Jewellry
"Peacefulness" Blue Agate Stacking Bracelet Set





Divinite' Jewellry
Sanaga Necklace


I'm thankful to have more work under my cap to churn out and share. I must say,  I am very proud to release this line and still manage to juggle family life. However, I am quickly learning, motherhood is an on the job training type deal that you never fully know 100% but you learn as you go and you know what? I  actually like learning this way and watching not only my growth but our growth.  ,As you can imagine,m time is ever elusive and I must tend to home but I wanted to take a moment to drop a line about my new collection and to let ya'll know, yes, I said "YA'LL", know.....that I am still here, still at it and will continue to release more work, so stay tuned!! I realize that, it's more feasible for me to release small amounts of work or at least one collection. I just find great joy in creating and that's where all my loves manifest: my beautiful family, crafting, cooking and making a life filled with loving and  beautiful memories.

Thank you for reading my blog!

The Lotus collection will be available in November.
Please see our Etsy shop page, Facebook and Instagram for the latest releases of this collection.


Comments