Coming Up Next: The Projects, Volume 1

I have serveral pendants...let me retract that statement. I have MANY pendants for which I have purchased. I have purchased them not knowing exactly what I am going to do with them but, I knew that I needed it, they were funky and unique and I could really make something that is truly one of kind, which is all I seek to do since I get bored easily with redundancy. So, this is a new blog series that I am working on titled "Coming Up Next". My aim is to show you my thought process behind some of my designs. I can buy a pendant today and the design might not come until another 6 months from now or I may have it as soon as I get it. I just know some components are too unique for me to pass up and I must jump on it before someone else does and also since I am a bead addict. I need bead rehab but I am perfectly happy. Help me! :-).

The Oval Amber Resin Tibetan Pendant

I've had this pendant for a while and just like I like it, bold and large! I was very lucky to snag this pendant from  Silk Road Jewelry on Etsy. I have been wondering how can I make this pendant stand out while having bold but not conflicting beads to compliment this piece. I am not big on the stitch beading as I gravitate towards simplicity but bold and large beads. Needless to say, this pendant will not be a part of my upcoming "destash" that will I hold in my alternate store on Etsy, which I will announce once I have fully set it up.

The Black and Bold Large Round Bone Pendant


This is definitely a piece I have to keep for myself BUT, it will be available for sale while I am wearing it....maybe, :-). I have been sitting on this piece for MONTHS if not almost a year and I have not figured out what I am going to do with this bold pendant. I have not been able to find beads that speak to me for this piece. It is fierce and doesn't need anything to compete with it's beauty. This is definitely a stand out. However, I am close to coming up with a design for this piece and once I complete it, I will share it with you good folks. In the meanwhile, check out the vendor that I normally find these lovely pendants from Nepalesebeadstore on Etsy.com.

Beautiful Asian Chops


Wow. I was smitten when I found these extremely unique Asian chops from Judith Altman's Etsy shop (check out  her blog). Her work is quite amazing and when I saw the opportunity to partake in her destash, I jumped and purchased 5 pendants, which 3 of these were these lovely chops. They have a  nice weight to them and I have yet to figure out what in the world I am going to do with these other than I know they will be geared towards unisex, male jewelry.

The Vintage Dabber


At the time, holiday season of 2010, I began collecting these lovely perfume dabbers from all over the place. I have I think perhaps 7 and don't know the slightest thing of what to do with these beauties as they are so unique and delicate. The right combination must be place together in harmony to showcase the beauty of these pendant. This is also on my radar to complete this year before the holidays as this will become a part of my "Reflection" collection of Divinite' Jewellry.

I am challenging myself to push out at least half of my pendants and beads before I buy ANYMORE! My fiance' tries to help me deal with all this purchasing of beading and spending so much time but, he knows I simply love it and that, he says, is a good and productive love....carry on he says and I do. So....I will upload a blog on these three pendants once I have managed to construct the vision to bring them to life. Also, for more information and education on beading, check out http://www.beadage.net/.  You will also find my work posted on this site as well!









Comments