New Technique Learned, Wire Wrapped Rings

Good morning! It's an amazing feeling with you can teach yourself a new technique and get it for the most part right on the 1st and second try. I have always been amazed by the wonderful wire-wrapped rings I have seen on-line and at many boutiques. I was quite intimidated by these tightly wound beauties but, in order to remove complacency in your daily designing methods, you have to try something new and learn something new. So, I went to Joann's with my 50% off coupon and bought  a thorough beading book. I cannot recall the name of this book at the moment. I will tell it on another blog as it is very educational and teaches you about things you didn't know (I will post on this a little later). I wanted this book because it truly shows you the bare bones on how to construct your own wire wrapped rings. So, I went home, sat down with this book, got the new faceted fuchsia jade barrel bead I just received and got some copper wire and went to experimenting. This first try for me was okay. I intended on this ring being a size 7-7 1/2. The ring came out to be around size 5-6.


I was happy at the way it turned out but a little down about the size of the ring so, I gave it another try. This time, I worked with a different copper wire of thinner gauge, picked up a glowing mother of pearl shell bead and went to work once more. This time, I was satisfied. I saw where I made my mistake regarding sizing and treaded slowly. I think it turned out okay. I know that I need to work on smoothing the wire out to make it totally even and seamless all over.



The ring size came out to 7 1/2-8 and is so classic and simple, so chic. I love this ring and I was quite ecstatic. Now....I have seem some seriously complicated wire wrapped rings and I am not sure if I am ready to dabble in that. After all, for me, jewelry artistry is supposed to be a fun activity that I should  be able to do with ease. All the wire wrapping almost wrapped my hands up and I needed to break after doing this ring here!

So, these are my two latest addition and a new technique that I am trying to master. As offbeat as I am, with a solidified copper band, I could have had this ring as an engagement ring! I am not a big diamond girl as stones have so much character and these two showcase just that quite nicely.

Always remain inspired and look for new things to learn. Don't just rely on your own current understanding. Search for more and you will be amazed at how quickly your artistry will grow.

Porchia
DiviniteJewellry.com

Comments