A Defining Moment: Monica Pearson

My First Defining Moment:

Monica Pearson


Monica Pearson & my Eye of The Phoenix Tibetan Necklace

I am still not fully processing what occurred yesterday. I wouldn't be sure it happened at all had I not been able to witness and capture the reality of this highly spirited moment. The moment I am referring to is viewing my handiwork on the neck of a very prominent woman, Monica Pearson, WSBTV news anchor of over 25 years. I am still in awe over the whole broadcast and I saved a million screenshots it seems. If a huge box of beads were sent to my home tomorrow, I would most honestly begin churning new works in hopes of creating another opportunity like this to happen once again. What an exhilarating feeling and a high that will not cease to satisfy my hunger for more. The thirst for more success has officially begun! 

You know, you make what you love. All of us  as designers, crafters, artists, chefs, etc. do what we do with our hands because it simply identifies with who we are and our love; our soul. We would do this for free if it paid our bills and even then, we find the time to sneak in our artistry in a creative way, of course. Also, sometimes from these endeavors, they become what will pay our bills and the manifestation is greater than we ever could have imagined! In the midst of doing our passion(s),  we may not even conceive the thought that our handmade visions could make into the hands of someone that could instantly change our lives. I, myself, generally don't come across these thoughts in my daily activities. I make jewelry simply because I love creating and the healing attributes of working with my hands. However, and I will tell you the truth about this, when you have a gift, it WILL BE NOTICED!!!! It is inevitable. Normally, the gifted never realize their own worth until someone brings it to light. In no way am I saying that I am gifted but, I am starting to realize and only just a bit that my work can stand alone as a lone star to shine. On Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 and also my mother's birthday, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA), my lone star, The Eye of The Phoenix necklace, shined during the 6pm news broadcast and my dream came to life. I remember making this piece back in September of last year and just didn't know what piece I would be handling. I must've had this pendant for at least a year before I found the components to create my vision for this necklace. As always, each piece I make, I am aware that the intended mate for her is undoubtedly a star and desires the allure of textured jewelry.

Monica Pearson, WSBTV News Anchor of over 25 years
wearing Divinite' Jewellry Eye of The Phoenix Tibetan Spiral & Coral Necklace

This is such a major highlight during my 60 Day Challenge and seeing as how Monica believed in my work and me as an artist, I am inclined with the need to also realize that in others, even more than I already do. I have met so many wonderful people because of this challenge and I am determined to meet more and assist in helping them to have the milestone that I just experienced. As I have said in an earlier blog, if you build, they will come but you must start. I did start and I see the potential in pursuing the dream. To list new items onto my Etsy store and to bring new work into the Arts Clayton Gallery were both a part of my requirements for my challenge. And to think, I almost didn't make it to see this task through as I wanted to do something else but I knew this was more important. A very much Divine order of free will but choosing the Divine path of free will lead me here. Thank you, my Lord!

Tonight, I am encouraging each of you as artists to challenge yourself to do more and try something different and stand back to see the progress of growth! Know that each of you are more than gifted and that the world deserves to see your work. You truly never know where your critical connection could begin and where that connection could lead you.  Even if I never make anything from this day forward, I can smile knowing that I have made something that has made it on a person I have grown up watching since I was a kid and that something from humble means made it onto the screen in such a big way. I can also smile in knowing that I have several wearers that have found their mate in my work and are proudly wearing them in another big way. Hmmm, wow....think about that, someone thinks enough of your work to spend their hard earned funds to support your vision and display it proudly. That a beautiful thing, don't you think? Never loose that feeling. Know that someone believes in you, believes in me, believes in us....


Thank you, Monica. You have made THE difference. You will be missed from my TV screen as my lovely news anchor. You are extraordinary. Thank you for seeing and believing enough in my vision to contribute towards it and wear it in such a big way. And you were right, the earrings matched perfectly! You couldn't have chosen anything better, :-).

With love and soul,
Porchia

Always.....Remain Inspired and Find Inspiration in All Things.

Comments

  1. This is such an inspiring post Porchia! It must have felt amazing to see your work worn by a news anchor. This is such a stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-). You are so kind! Thank you. I mean, I still haven't processed this believe it or not. I just know that I am just blushing over the fact when anyone sees the vision in my work and for someone to think enough about it wear it on a broadcast, amazing!!! So, I want other artist to be inspired so that the same can happen for them.

      Delete
  2. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will review your comment within 24-48 hours of receiept. Please check back to view your posted comment. Until then, enjoy the blog and I look forward to interacting with you very soon!

Sincerely,
Porchia
www.DiviniteJewellry.com
www.Facebook.com.DiviniteJewellrybyPorchia
www.Twitter.com/DiviniteJewell
www.LinkedIn.com/In/DiviniteJewellry
www.Pinterest.com/DiviniteJewellry