Coming Up Next: The Completion, Volume 3

Coming Up Next: The Completion, Volume 3

The Noir Blanc Necklace




Well, well, well....my dear, hello! I am certainly working my way thru the 2nd volume of the "Coming Up Next" series featuring pendant projects. I still need to work on the first series, which I have not gained inspiration for yet, uggghhhh!!!!!! So, something finally spoke to me in making this next necklace. This project was actually in the works since Christmas of last year. This was a commissioned project that I need to do for someone with no time table or until the design came to me. I was so determined for something to come to me that I even took the pendant and some beads to work with me and laid them out on my lunch break

Envisioning the design....while at work. Designing stays on my mind.



After realizing to myself, this might actually work, I placed the beads back into the zip lock bag and picked it back up about a month and half later. I created two of these necklaces. I love the first one so much and since it was already spoken for, I just had to create another. The handmade Tibetan white crackle resin was just so very bold, just the way I like it. The woman I made the necklace for has style and taste just as bold as mine. I hadn't really made any pieces that were muted in tones and didn't quite know how I could work with black and white beads and still make the piece stand out.  The black cinnabar, the batik bone beads, the silver disc and the antique silver components came right on time. The creamy white in the batik bone beads were excellent as they did not give off this sterile white color but more of a warm undertone that can be easily worn with  more warm neutral toned clothing. The necklace was absolutely stunning upon completion. It was also at this moment I began to realize that most of my pieces range around the 20 inch mark due to my love of large pendants. I placed an extender on the piece just in case the wearer may want to wear it lower. Although the necklace appears to look heavy, to my satisfaction, this necklace is very light.


Upon completion of the piece, I needed to find a suitable name. At this time, I am very much into the names of various cultural goddesses. However, when I looked at this necklace, I knew the name that would be befitting would be one that was very simple and totally defined the piece then it came, "Noir Blanc".....French for Black White/White Black necklace. The name is just simply classy in the pronunciation and class is definitely a part of the wearable art that I create. Upon naming this necklace....the pictures for this piece came smoothly...



I tell you, taking pictures on a mirror is about the best decision I have made in a while regarding picture taking, The photos came out so much clearer and made the piece look even more beautiful than it already does in person. The process that I go through to create these one of a kind pieces is definitely not an overnight sort of thing. The process is truly soul felt. I will sit on a pendant for a while like I did with this pendant for over a year, before I can see the actual vision to create it. The inspiration behind this necklace, the need to be bold without being over the top was a business woman. This piece was originally made for this strong and beautiful woman repeated again because of the beauty and style. She works with a banking institution and is a rather strong work presence in both ethics and style. Suits are a must and jewelry doesn't need to be a distraction but rather, an enhancement to her overall presence. This necklace provided her with the best of both worlds, bold but not too colorful; a strong statement with very rich in texture. I thank her for the inspiration to make this piece and it is dedicated to her.


So, soon enough, my goal is to work through the two volumes of the "Coming Up Next" pendant projects...but until I get that inspiration, they will float happily in the designing tanks of my mind. Stay tuned tomorrow. I will  have  the next "Coming Up Next: The Projects, Volume 3" featuring more colorful, fun and whimsical pendants. Also, I will have a project challenge for myself, the twisted multi strand necklace. I haven't attempted this feat yet,  :-).




Thank you so much for reading my blog. I wil bid each of you a good night. See you tomorrow!


Love, Peace and Jewellry!!!


Porchia










Comments