The Overall Challenge: Part II




The Overall Challenge: Part II


Divinite' Jewellry, The Etsy Shop, continued...

Picking up where I left off from yesterday (needed to go to beddy bye), good 'ol sleepy pillow. I left off blogging about my online store, Divinite Jewellry on Etsy. My goal was  to increase my shop inventory, views, sales and the entire look. I still have some work to do but, working on our shops never end. It's a daily creative process that goes into making the love of our art work. I am proud of what I've managed to accomplish since I began this challenge with the store. I have become a part of more circles and have had more shop views than I've ever had since my shop opened in May of 2010. I've reached out to some amazing people and have received lovely customer photos in return. I can clearly see the growth of my pictures, organization of the items and the selection. When I first started out, I didn't have, if I can remember, even 20 items! I didn't have any real genre of style that I could call the pieces. I couldn't identify my style and what I really wanted. Now, in 2012, I have more identifiable styles in a myriad of designs that speaks to many of my wearers. I know what I like and I know what I am gunning for and just who I intend to wear my work. As my maturity has heightened, so has my work. I have taken the time to take my craft seriously and look at it more as art than a hobby and this, I think, has made the difference in the overall appearance of my art jewelry, shop, promotional materials I've produce, branding and the reach. I even added a  Etsy about us page for those who wish to see the woman behind the work. Photos of my workshop and my methods will be posted as I will create a montage for this. It's important to connect with the energy behind the pieces. Etsy has provided an excellent platform to get my name out there in the online stratosphere and I am thankful for it. I can't imagine how much money I would have shelled out to produce a website and do all the work from scratch. I know that I will have to do this later but for now, Etsy will suffice and thank God for this vessel :-)!




Online/In Person Sales

Talk about momentum about my work & building. Before, I didn't really bother with basic selling tactics like wearing my own work and having business cards on hand. Like I said previously, when I began viewing my work more as art than as a hobby, things started to change for me. I've acquired more online sales than I ever did before in such a short period of time. Seven(7) online sales were obtained in the past 60 days whereas most of my sales come sporadically over months and mainly towards the holidays. During a season where there are hardly any sales gift shop sales at the art gallery, my work has sold during this challenge. Word of my work began to seep out, at my job, the art gallery and very much online. My full time job demands most of my time, of course, so, I show my jewelry upon request but keep my cards on me at all times so that I may hand them out when someone notices my jewelry. I began wearing my work more frequently and have gained some loyal supporters of my work, an offer to do a show at a lovely lady's home and a co-worker who believes enough in me to just pay me ahead of time and allow me to come up with the design, later!!!! Another lady who has supported me since the beginning went on a major shopping spree with me and got several of my heavy hitters (5 sets)! This is all just so very awesome to my soul! To top it off, I had a very nice co-worker of mine who also believes in my work and decided to get a necklace from me. I quoted the individual the price. They gave me more than I asked for as to help further my endeavors. I am SOOO THANKFUL TO THEE! The final topping, Monica Pearson, wearing my necklace not once but 3 times and the 3rd time was with her wearing my necklace with the earrings I gifted her after I met her this past Saturday. Such awesome people that I can't do nothing more for than send my energy back in appreciation. So, needless to say....the sales are coming and from what I can see, If I continue to build the platform, they will come even more!! I must remain consistent in all my endeavors to get it done. My only downfall, since I buy so many beads, I have developed great relationships with vendors that will hold items I simply must have. The money earned goes right back into the work, because I love it so! I am working to find the happy balance. So, needless to say....the sales have been awesome but as I have heard many other jewelry artisans say, you obtain more sales in person than online I concur!!



Divinite' Jewellry Collections

Working, working, working! One thing I can say that I was consistent with was posting new work each month. I made it a point to photograph my work every chance I got, even right after dealing with traffic court and went straight to the gallery to take more pictures when I just simply wanted to sit still. It was truly calling me. I have found myself having to sit on pieces for a moment before completing them as if the design doesn't sit right with me along the designing process, I cannot and will not complete it. I even take the time to wear my pieces myself to check the fit and feel and to monitor the feedback I receive about each piece. Doing this allows me to speak even more so to the jewelry that I create and how I can talk about it with my clients. The collections are become more cohesive as I work towards creating more seasonal items with strong components that are not trendy but fashionable and timeless. I also work to make sure that my pieces are solid, no matter what. I stand behind all of my work and love it dearly. The work that I have completed thus far is solid and I am certainly realizing that I truly have intended wearers (my pieces truly match their soul-wearers). I rejoice in that each and every day and this allows me to strive towards completing more work that is solid, different and timeless for my clients.

Well, I need to move on to Part III for tomorrow. I need to work on some planning items. Also, I like to keep you lovely folks enticed with new materials. Tomorrow, I will discuss my 5 metric, Community Involvement and the bonus project items/tidbits.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I need to congratulate the winner of my 60 Day Challenge! The winner of my challenge is none other than the lovely and warm, Terry Jackson of Atlanta, Georgia!!!!!!!! Congratulations and thank you for your participation! Please enjoy your lovely necklace!

Stay tuned, another 60 day challenge is coming soon and this time, it will really be something, :0

Good night, :-).

With Peace, Love & Jewelry,
Porchia C.



 

Comments