The Overall Challenge: Part III



The Overall Challenge: Part III


The final part of my challenge that I would like to address is the part of giving back, Community Services/Participation. There is no success in our world of art without the help and belief of  our work from others. I appreciate every sale, every compliment, every prospect and every energy that has contributed to the overall success of my work, past, present and future. During this challenge, I did think of ways for which I would like to use my jewelry artistry to give back to individuals (human and furry) that are dear to my heart and soul. This is only the beginning for to give and help is much more than to continuously receive. Where are the riches in always taking and receiving? I've been left to explore how can I contribute..

Excerpt From "The Parable of The Faithful Servant"

"To whomever much is given, of him will much be required; and to whom much was entrusted, of him more will be asked".

-Luke 12:35-48, World English Bible



In continuing to build my presence with my work, I must be prepared to help and give back. To be solely about self is not rewarding at all and can also stunt one's growth potential. During this challenge, I was not successful in finding an avenue to automatically create a way for a portion of my sales to go to several charities that are dear to me. This is a project that is currently in the works for me as I really want to make this into a reality. I am currently working on a line dedicated solely towards the following causes: AIDS, Breast Cancer, Heart Disease, Stroke, and ASPCA. A portion of the proceeds from these sales will be totally dedicated to each of these charities with a certificate that will be furnished to the purchaser. Currently, I donate pieces for various fundraisers to help aid charitable causes but, I know that I am able to do more. If I can create something beautiful for a survivor or something memorable for a person who has suffered the unfortunate loss of a loved one, it makes what I do that much more beautiful and touching. Once again, jewelry is more than just an visual aesthetic, it truly is a personal moment and can change the energy and countenance of one's disposition.

So, as the challenge has ended, I still have more work and goals to achieve, which will always be, :-).  I am contemplating on doing another challenge however, I think for now I will focus more on getting these initiatives off the ground and visible so there will be more activity to follow. I enjoy interacting with fellow jewelry enthusiasts and my jewelry soul mates! This is it for now, my beauties. I thank you so much for following my blog and watching the growth of my jewelry line. I look forward to the interactions with many that is sure to come.

Please have a wonderful and productive day, as always!

Sincerely,
Porchia C.

Comments