Coming Up Next: The Completion, Volume 1

Coming Up Next
The Completion
The Olori Necklace
(Multicultural Beauty At It's Best)

The Olori Multicultural Necklace, $90.


As previously mentioned in my blog, "Coming Up Next, Volume 2", I posted a picture of the lovely large 90mm x 105mm brass dome pendant that I purchased from the Netherlands. I wasn't sure as to what I would do with this pendant. I'd already had a similar necklace, my "Lady Gong" necklace that was auctioned off in a fundraiser for art initiatives. So, when I came across similar lovely pendant, I had to jump on this one and the smaller 80mm pendant. I knew that I wanted something funky, chunky and colorful. I knew the beads had to be bold and each had to have some sort of character as I stated in the blog. Well, much to my surprise and satisfaction, I was able to find beautiful 20th centry mudcloth batik beads, handmade amber & red amber, sherpa glass rondels and complimenting earthy accents. The end result of this necklace was just simply  splendid. I took some photos over the past weekend and worked diligently to post all the new items I had on my Etsy page with this necklace already receiving attention as it has when I have wornn it. I am very please with the bold and solid beauty that this necklace presents. So, this is one project out of the 5-7 pendants I have listed on my blog. It is an amazing thing t see a vision and to finally work to make it come to life. The climax is the see the actual photo of the piece to see how it tells your story. It's an amazing feeling. After staring at the necklace and deciding what I would call it, I fell upon a name I read in a book about a certain group of Africans. I thought the name was just so beautiful and had the perfect femminine but Ethnic undertone and the name Olori was born. The name, the colors and the construction are seamless. Tell me what you think about this piece.
 This necklace can be found on my Etsy page.
 http://www.divinitejewellry.com/
The Olori Necklace Pendant
The Olori Necklace



Comments