God Is Simply.....Divine.......Divinite' Jewellry

The Eye of The Phoenix Necklace
by Divinite' Jewellry
  


Happy Weekend to Everyone!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!! What a way to being the weekend!!! The weather is excellent here in Atlanta and nothing but the air of springtime is here. Around 11am this morning, I called the Arts Clayton Gallery, where I normally take most of my photos for my jewelry. I was checking to see if I would be able to take photos up there today when the gallery assistant, Courtney, told me she has something 'interesting" to tell me. I said, "really"? She then proceeded to tell me that Monica Pearson, news anchor for WSBTV News here in Atlanta, Ga,  came into the gallery...... You already know I my eyes, which are already a nice size, turned into the size of tennis balls. I said, "no, don't you do this, don't play with me"! She proceeded to tell me that Monica Pearson, Kaufman to most of us, came into the gallery and headed towards the gift shop area but before Monica came back there, she stopped at the glass case inside the art area and zeroed in on this piece, "The Eye of The Phoenix" necklace. Courtney said, Monica stated, "That's the one". She signed the guestbook, purchased the necklace and went on to her next matter of business.....

My father watches the new religiously and has seen my work. Because of what I do, everyone around me has began to notice the pieces that everyone is wearing around their necks. My father suggested some time ago that I should try to get one of the news anchors to wear my necklace. I thought to myself that this would be very difficult as I know they have people that are always trying to send them something to wear, etc. and most of that stuff probably gets placed to side. So, I knew that I needed to be strategic in how I would approach that. So, about two weeks ago, I asked a friend for advice since she knows so many people in so many industries, how could I go about getting one of the news anchors to wear one of my pieces? She told me that I would need to find out who their publicist and stylist were and to get it to them that way. I took the advice but did not proceed to make a move on it. I focused on some other building block for the time being and more realistic goals that I can reach more quickly as I need to build my momentum.



So, last Saturday, I went to the art gallery to take some new photos which I had been lagging around about. I took many photos and edited them to load them to my Etsy's shop in preparation for an upcoming earrings & necklace showcase I'd scheduled for this past Tuesday. While I was there, I decided to take out the old items I had there and submit new pieces to the gallery, which I almost wasn't about to do. Courtney could see that I've taken a different turn in my creations and that I've grown, which was the intent of this new set up. I submitted 8 pieces, which Courtney chose, to be displayed in the gallery. I trust her choices very much. I had no idea that this necklace would be the first to go in just a matter of a few days. I'd had this necklace for quite some time and you know, since I am an artist first, seller second, I was quite attached to this piece. I am always sitting on new work for awhile so that I may have a chance to test it out and see if I still like it. Also, I am sensitive about my work. I love what I do and in a perfect world, I would love for everyone to love it as well. I've had an amazing week as far as energy goes and the vibe has been nothing short of wonderful! I've received 3 sales on Etsy in less that 30 days, which for all of you that started out on Etsy's knows how hard that is to accomplish and my work is beginning to get some sort of "notice". The gain this type of notice takes hard work and constant perseverance. Every milestone needs to be celebrated and you  need liked minded people around you that will understand the magnitude of the milestone. This has been an amazing end to my week but.....signaling the beginning to a means.


I want to thank Monica Pearson for the support and I thank all of my beautiful clients for the support in every form that I have received (my followers on twitter and facebook, the admirers and treasuries on Etsy, the individuals that takes the time to read my blogs or even just to view my pictures). And lastly, I want to thank my family and friends who were there from the very beginning. This is just the beginning and there's more to come. Thank you for the support!


Always know, If You Build, They Will Come, But You Have To Start.......

Sincerely,
Porchia Coleman
www.DiviniteJewellry.com
www.Facebook.com/DiviniteJewellry
www.Facebook.com/DiviniteJewellrybyPorchia
www.Twitter.com/DiviniteJewell
www.Linkedin.com/In/DiviniteJewellry
www.DiviniteJewellry.blogspot.com





Comments